1/7 Jake's journal - Ship from UAE, Jess headed to the capital

Sure enough, that ship was from the UAE.  But get this - it was more or less in our waters (there's always some argument about who 'owns' what distance from shore), but they're saying it was in international waters, and they're claiming we blew it up!  I didn't see what actually happened, but I could see it off in the distance, and it didn't seem like there was anything else out there.  It certainly wasn't something from land.  The glass house is about as close to where it happened as town is, and I didn't hear any kind of cannon or anything.  It's not like New Victoria has any kind of weapons that could have done that anyway.  We barely have enough power to run buildings and trams.  

It's a very big stink though.  The navy says they had no ships in the area at the time.  They're asking around for people who saw what happened.  I told Mr. Baker at work what I saw, and he thinks I should tell the investigators.  It sounds like there were only a half dozen of us who saw anything at all.  The others were probably out moon-gazing like me.  There's not much reason to be out this time of year otherwise.  

The spray bots I mentioned are all running great now, so I have a bit less to do.  I suppose I'll have to go and answer their questions.  

Jessica is headed to the capital tomorrow.  She's leaving on the 10am tram.  The Health Ministry is paying for her to take the noon express out of Sydney - nice!  I've only seen pictures inside those.  I asked her to take some pictures for me, but half the trip is under sea tunnel, so probably not too much to see.

They fixed the building bathrooms in record time - they were working perfectly the very next morning.  I've never seen them move that fast before.  Must have had someone available and must have known our pickup was yesterday.  We often get skipped entirely if there are any errors in the list, so maybe they decided to avoid missed pickups with planting coming up.  We're supposed to be starting the onions in a few weeks.  

My troll friends must have cleaned up my room in the middle of the night.  I didn't hear anything, but my floor was completely clear between my bed and the door.  It wasn't a huge mess.  But it wasn't really a mess at all when I woke up.  Can't imagine Jess snuck in to clean it on me.  So, I must have done it.  I'm becoming a neat freak in my sleep or something.

Comments